Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mental Health Awareness Month

May is Mental Health Awareness Month. May 6-12th has been designated at Children's Mental Health Awareness week. Visit the American Psychological Association's site to see resources on children's mental health (http://www.apa.org/news/events/2012/mental-health.aspx).


Also, join the American Psychological Association's Blog Party on May 16th. You can post on your blog about mental health issues or share stories about your experience. Educating others about mental health issues and discussing your treatment is one way to decrease the stigma surrounding mental health. Follow @apahelpcenter on Twitter for updates about the blog party and mind/body health. To participate in the discussion, use the hashtag #mhblogday


Post an “I’m Blogging for Mental Health” 2012 badge on your blog and help proudly spread the word about the importance of mental health. Visit http://www.yourmindyourbody.org/ for more information about the Blog Party.




4 comments:

  1. Hi... that was great stuff.. I really like reading on this subject  Could you tell me more on that... I love to explore 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It helps open us to new understanding mental health. If you're mentally, I think you can function well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my blog. Appreciated the comment!

      Delete
  3. Hi Dear,
    I read your blog, its really awesome, I love it.
    I have additionally this related website.
    Mental health isn't simply the absence of mental disease, however it additionally the power to deal with the challenges in life. mental state is as vital as physical health to everyone.
    you can see here for more information: anxiety mental health awareness

    Best Regards
    Elizabeth Mary

    ReplyDelete